You might be entitled to sue the at-fault driver if you get injuries while a passenger in an automobile accident in Indiana. Under some conditions, this could also apply to the motorist of the automobile you were riding in or the motorist of the other automobile that was engaged in the collision. Contacting the Delventhal Law Office, LLC is suggested if you are in a car wreck.
The following are some of a passenger’s rights:
- The presumption that Indiana drivers will exercise reasonable caution to prevent collisions
- the right to obtain complete contact and billing information for all at-fault drivers
- the right to record the disaster with images and to identify witnesses
- the right to medical attention following an accident for soft tissue injuries, wounds, head and brain trauma, spinal injuries, shattered bones, and concussions
- the right to consult a lawyer about your legal alternatives following an accident
- the right to just damages and compensation
Who is responsible for my injuries?
Any injuries you sustain may result in legal action against the at-fault driver. It is entirely up to the insurance provider to determine who was responsible, along with your attorney.
In collisions, passengers are frequently not held responsible. Nevertheless, because Indiana is a relative fault state, the insurance provider might try to blame you as a passenger.
Who can a passenger sue after a car accident for damages?
In a collision, the driver determined to be at blame is often responsible for any injuries or property damage. The driver’s insurance carrier typically covers any damages. Receiving payment, however, can become more challenging if the insurance provider disputes your accident claim.
You have the right to make a lawsuit against the negligent driver as a passenger. If the driver lacked insurance or had inadequate coverage, you are protected by your uninsured driver policy.
What if a car accident involves several passengers?
It is critical to understand your personal auto insurance policy, the vehicle’s coverage, and the driver that contributed to the collision when you are one of several passengers in a bus or car that crashes. The chance of paying for your bills increases when there is not enough insurance to cover all passengers hurt in a car accident.
How much compensation can I receive in a car wreck as a passenger?
The specifics of the incident, the seriousness of the injuries, the number of lost wages, the insurer’s willingness to settle, and the insurance plans available to give compensation are just a few of the variables that would influence the value of any settlement.